Primary eye care providers are now familiar with managing COVID-19 related risks, and all have enhanced IPC measures in place.
At this stage of the pandemic, we are therefore archiving our COVID-19 Response plan for primary eye care providers. This is because members will need to continue to maintain robust IPC measures but also respond to changing HSE and government guidance in the weeks and months ahead.
Members should continue to adhere to IPC guidance for healthcare settings and stay up to date by visiting our Covid news section and through our member newsletters.
Members have asked us to pool free resources from trusted sources so they can quickly find what they need. We have done this below, including links to posters, videos and training material from trusted sources.
HSE handwashing video
Preventing the spread of infection for reception and non-clinical staff
The Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment has a range of COVID-19 support measures open to businesses.
- You can register for the COVID Restrictions Support Scheme (CRSS) if you have been forced to close or trade at significantly reduced levels because of COVID-19 restrictions. This provides a weekly payment of up to €5,000 to eligible businesses.
- The Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme (EWSS) provides a fixed subsidy to qualifying employers based on eligible employees on the payroll. EWSS is operated by Revenue and will run until 31 March 2021.
- There is also a range of other schemes, including grants, vouchers and loans. Read more about this and other support you might be able to access.
- HSE HPSC COVID-19 guidance for healthcare settings
- HSE COVID-19 reports and policies
- HAS COVID-19 advice for employers and employees
Originally published: 5 June 2020
Reviewed: September 2021
Next review date: 10 January 2022
Reference and notes
FODO Ireland published COVID-19 Response Plan, Meeting eye health needs and preventing vision impairments in primary eye care settings on 5 June, and then reissued this on 18 June in partnership with the Association of Optometrists Ireland. The 18 June update removed the restriction on NCT procedures following updated guidance from Ophthalmology and Optometry Colleges. The guidance was reviewed on 8 October and hyperlinks which had expired were updated.
September 2021 update: At this stage of the pandemic we are not updating our guidance. Members should continue following IPC measures in place and stay up to date through our newsletter.